Dear ExTA members
As you are aware, a process was put in place to hold a Special General Meeting (SGM) of ExTA. As such, this newsletter is to inform you that a time, date and location has been secured for the event.
Special General Meeting
Tuesday, 19 July 2016
Christie Conference Centre
Level 4, 100 Walker Street
North Sydney NSW 2060
The purpose of this meeting is to ascertain our members’ views on where they would like to see ExTA progress in the future.
An agenda will be distributed in the lead up to the SGM.
Facilitated by Ian Webster, this meeting will take the form of a strategy discussion.
Our business plan and other similar documents, identify the following as possible areas of expansion:
- The development of future mechanical standards and certification of mechanical equipment for hazardous areas.
- Promotion and assistance to achieve a common understanding and interpretation of Standards and Regulations.
- Assistance for Australian industry to streamline practices to remain competitive.
- Maintaining and developing a knowledge and skill base based on both current and future developments in this field.
- Providing a forum for all industries that are involved in hazardous areas i.e. all onshore Groups I, II and III, all offshore fixed and mobile oil and gas installations and other industries such as aviation.
- The acceptance by Australia and New Zealand of standards other than ANZEx, IEC / ISO for specialised applications.
- Provision of a Non-Conforming Product forum to assist Australian and New Zealand industry to address this arising major issue.
- As a lobby group for change where systematic issues are identified.
- Management or organization of Certification Schemes.
This strategy discussion should help set the ongoing direction of our Association, and most importantly, how we intend to accomplish this!
We would also like to discuss the possible implementation of a secondary membership classification of Individuals.
Ai Group & AS/NZS and IEC standards
As you may know, the Ai Group hold a tele-conference twice annually, with their representatives on the various Australian and International Standards Committees. James Thomson of Ai Group, has offered ExTA members the opportunity to listen-in on these tele-conferences and gain knowledge and in-sight in to what is happening in the world of AS/NZS and IEC standards.
Members who are interested, please send me an email and I will kick-off this process.
Secretary Ex Technical Association Inc.